COACHES', BOARD MEMBERS' & VOLUNTEERS' CODE OF CONDUCT
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarized below. All Club Coaches, Members, Board Members and Volunteers must:
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with gymnasts based on mutual trust and respect.
- Not coach above the level of your qualification that you have, unless under the supervision of a more senior coach. As a coach you should be aware of your own limitations.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
- Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
- Obtain prior agreement from parent or guardian of gymnasts before transporting them anywhere, preferably in writing. ie. training or competitions.
- You must have mutual guardian consent to have gymnasts stay overnight at your home.
- Always report any accidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the Child Protection policy.
- Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport ie. fair play.
- Encourage gymnasts to value their performances and not just results.
- Follow guidelines laid down by Elites Gymnastics and presented in the gym.
- Wear NO JEWELLERY WHAT SO EVER including ear studs or body piercing adornments any time during training or competitions. This constitutes a safety hazard and Elites and their insurers have made it a no-tolerance policy. The only exception to the rule is the wearing of plain wedding bands.
- If in doubt about a gymnastic skill, ask a senior coach.
- Be punctual at all classes, training and competitions. Always phone in good time if you are going to be late, or cannot attend.