GYMNASTS' CODE OF CONDUCT
- Gymnasts should wear a one-piece gymnastics leotard (not a swim suit or a dance suit with narrow should straps). Tracksuits and/or t-shirts may be worn during the warm up period, but must be removed for the rest of the training session, as they constitute a danger to both the gymnast and the coaches.
- No jewellery whatsoever, including ear studs or body piercing adornments to be worn at anytime during training or competition. This constitutes a safety hazard and Elites and their Insurers have made it a no-tolerance policy.
- Hair must be neatly tied up, out of the gymnast’s face.
- An Elites Gymnastics Club gym suit and track suit must be worn for all competitions, purchased through the club.
- Gymnasts are expected to attend every scheduled training session. Gymnasts are encouraged not to miss training except for serious reasons (illness, medical appointments, etc).
- Gymnasts or Parents should inform the Head Coach of any planned absence or holidays as soon as possible as training is planned out in preparation for competitions. One week away from the gym can set back training.
- In the case of illness, a message should be left with the Club, prior to the start of the training session.
- Gymnasts with an injury may still attend training sessions and work around this injury to ensure their flexibility and strength is kept up. A long period of time off can also affect the gymnast socially as well as physically. Please communicate with the Head Coach.
- Please ensure that your child’s coach is present, or expected, before you leave.
- Gymnasts should arrive a few minutes before the start of training for preparation. All gymnasts should attend the warm up. It is an essential part of the training that helps the prevention of injury.
- Show respect to coaches, judges, officials and other gymnasts.
- Follow the instructions of her coach quickly and exactly.
- Support and encourage her teammates.
- Always train with a positive attitude.
- Attempt to do every move with good form.
- Take care of the Club’s equipment.
- Take pride in their Club and make sure that they do their part in keeping the gym clean and tidy.